September 27, 2007

Trip - VOC Glacier School 07


Sept 15 - Sept 16 2007

A bunch of first year do-not-know-what-fear-is and a few aluminas couldn't stand the work pressure have decided to come to the VOC Glacier School to party. What ? Yeah its a massive party, on glacier, hmmm about 2000 meters vertically from where you usually have party - The Plaza or The Plush.

I was picked up at 5am by Will Whitey who is one of the veteran instructors of the school, together with Anton, three knife lovers, but they own and know much more about knives than I do, however. About three hour drive to past Squamish, We met up at the trail head with the rest of group - 50 people ! Someone was walking towards us and offer some chicken wings, ah ? that was random nice people. I ate one. Then he told us it was from Safeway and it was his neighbor who worked at Safeway brought home a stash of them. Then I realized that I would not need water treatment for the entire trip.



The views were rewarding on the way to the Gl. Anniversary, creek crossing roped with dymatic ropes which make you feel safe but indeed it doesn't help at all or some really muddy swamps could swallow your cheap out soles, or the beautiful meadows against neatly aligned pine trees which against sub-alpine rocks, which in turn, against snow covered hills and glaciers.

After arrived, we started to setup base camps and every one was having lunch. The sun was up high and the sky was clear - I could certainly feel the sun baking my skin yet the chill came off the glacier up ahead was reminding me not to sweat.

No comments: