March 3, 2008

Meet VOC-Okanagan Chapter at Brian Waddington Hut

Departed Vancouver Sat 4:30am, we are going to have a party at Phelix Creek to show how we party to VOC-Okanagan Chapter.

With the memory of 6 hours to get up to the hut at New Year, I was first in the line, however, the heel risers made the way up so easily and it only took me 4 hours, with long break to re-wax both skins and taping up anti-blister band-aids.

We did some bock test on the North facing Cabin Hill. failed with 30cm as avi forecast predicted. Followed by a Rutschblock test. I was chosen like a nui-priced bulk produce - 190lb body weight. Just after I moved my second ski onto the block, the clean top of 30cm layer ran off the block like a piece of silk ran off top of a piano -effortless and shocking!

After we confirmed with each other that we were just about to die of avalanche, we happily took off skins and yo-yo'ed back to the hut for the grand jam session.

The night was crazy, the best party ever attended, with the most musical instrument / elevation. We have two guitars, Vince's Nylon string and the Steel string from the hut, mandolin from Chris, a friend of Blinkr and Margaret. two egg-shakers, two harmonicas. backed by two glass bottled wine and two champagnes, the drink and Christian.

Didn't take any photos or videos, i was busy eatting my dinner and playing guitar to get the party running wild. High energy Irish mandolin with rigid guitar rhythm rocked the entire hut and leaded by Emma VB, people started to dance and even lost their booties without knowing ! and Pre-warned by Muffin, my ski bib once again unzipped from the back by someone unknown - i suspect it was a heavily beard monkey on short AT skis.

Hut was very hot, we went to bed after a few single songs by Em and Vince etc. Its bed time. the upper floor was packed and one VOCOer had an awesome hamlock ! it looked very comfortable and light weight.

I was awaken in the dark laughing helplessly. Someone from the other end of the hut snoring with a melody. one of the voc songs soaked up by alcohol and stuck in his head i bet ya.

Got up 8am, out of hut to yoyo with VOCO group at 9am at the North col / chut while Champagne's group went upper lake area.

Back at hut by 2pm, cleaned up the hut with Emma Champagne and Sampaleanu, well, I cleaned myself out of the hut so it was a big favor of me.

As a beginner telemarker, I left skin on to go down the trees - it was crashless easy ! and the lower steeper logging road, no skins, it seems my 190lb + pack started to go out of control .... in the parking lot by 5ish, about 3.5 hours, so I guess I did alright for a beginner on telemark, followed by the be-loved Emma right after, very impressive.

VOCOers, it was such a great time to party with you guys !

No comments: